Jun 28, 2008

So hurray I'm on my way!

Praises:
Money is at $6115 out of $5000!!!!!!!
that's 122.3% Wow

So I'd like to share how day one went that is getting on the plane and how God is already providing for this trip. My flight out of Grand Junction was at 6:48am so I arrived at the air port at 6:15 am and they said “sorry check in is closed” so dang I was late. But then some one nicely gave us a request for a seat pass, but that didn't help because they over sold the flight by 3 seats. Yeay I was going to be not on that flight. The two fellas who were also bumped had good results the first guy got on a flight leaving in just like half an hour and the next guy actually ended up arriving at his final destination two hours earlier so like the baker who was with Joseph in prision I thought some thing good will happen for me. The Awesome counter guy told me that I'd end up landing at 5:00 pm which was three and a half hours after I was supposed to be there!!! So dang right? No. They Delta refunded me my ticket price TIMES TWO! So I got $500 and waited around in GJ for 5 more hours. So I deposited the check and wrote a check to Campus Crusade for Christ.

Then When I arrived at Santa Ana I took a cab and the cabby had no idea where Vanguard University was and when I asked if he had a map he said of course “no” so I had to remember the Mapquest map that I had seen of the directions from two days before which I had not printed out. So some how by God's Grace we made every single turn correctly the first time!!! (which is slightly less impressive when you know that it was only 3.5 miles. But awesome none the less!!!)

So praises for what God has already been doing.
Prayer requests:

(I'm writing this on 12:30 am June 26 but I don't get to post it until I'm safely landed in Japan)

No comments: