Feb 16, 2007

So what the heck is iQuestXP?


In 2006, I made up a spoof show called "iQuestXP Galacticon.HD". The title is meant to poke fun at the 21st century tendency to copy other's product names to sell your own. So, I'm making fun of iPods,Window, and the High Definition video format.

The show starts out as an encouragement to Christian media producers to get out there and glorify God by using their talents to spread the word and share their faith. The second half is spent spoofing a Japanese anime.

What makes the anime spoof funny, in my opinion, is that almost nothing is animated, there are just a bunch of pan zooms going on. (I think that is sort of how anime got started in the first place: cutting corners wherever you could and still get your point across)

I don't think the Christian message came across very clearly though, tell me what you think of the idea. I'd like to make another episode some time.

It's about 4min 20sec long and 9.25MB.

iQuest XP Galacticon.HD Episode 1: Nothing But Questions


Download it!
9.25MB version
1.19MB version

No comments: